Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Delivery to Site, Installation and Commissioning of one Multi-drive for the replacement of Group 3 AC Multi Drive System and the re-use of the existing motors and motor cables.
The Project entailed the replacement of the existing Drive Systems for continuous Pickling Line No 3 at ArcelorMittal, Vanderbijlpark facility.
Scope of Work:
- Engineering, Supply, Installation and Commissioning of the Multi-drive System comprising of 2 Regenerative Rectifier Units supplying a common DC Bus with 17 inverters ranging from 75kW Motors up to 500kW.
- ABB ACS 880 Multi-drive equipment was used.
- Braking Resistors were provided to stop the Process Line under power failure conditions.
- Load sharing Software was developed to ensure tension in the strip, remains constant under line operating conditions.
- The project was implemented over a 10 day Shutdown period.