Fire Damage Repair Project for a Basic Oxygen Furnace.
During early 2013 a disaster occurred at the Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF) plant at ArcelorMittal Vanderbijlpark works. Uncontrolled spillage of melted steel caused considerable damage to equipment.
Scope of Work:
- Remove all damaged cabling for BOF 1-3
- New cable routing and racking design
- New lighting distribution design
- New UPS distribution design
- New MCC rooms layout design
- Supply and Install new cable supports for BOF 1-3 (6km)
- Design, supply and install junction boxes
- Supply, install and terminate cables for BOF 1-3 (80km)
- Supply, install and commission lighting distribution
- Supply, install and commission UPS distribution
- Supply, install and commission UPS Auto change-over switch
- Supply, install and commission Instrumentation Power Distribution
- PLC Software Engineering on 9 PLC’s
- Re-design and engineer PLC communication networks
- Supply, install and commission Medium Voltage Switchgear
The project was completed 12 days ahead of schedule.
A peak labour force of 170 people executed the project with 90,000 man-hours in total.